Thursday, January 31, 2013

How does stress become rest?

This past weekend I was flying the friendly skys. A lady sat next to me on the airplane. She was as bubbly as I was.

She said, "she moved her flight time so she could go home early to get some rest."
I replied, "Amen, I understand."
My name is Renee' .
I'm Betty, what type of work do you do?
I'm an anesthesiologist
Wow, that's a stressful career . How do you do it?
My faith in God is the answer. My joy, hope, and peace begins and ends with Him.

As believers this should be our response. God is our everything. My hope comes from God. Everyday  I pray for my patients and their families. It's truly a honor to provide anesthesia to them. God is using me as a part of His Plan to heal and restore their lives. I know Jesus bore our grief, our sufferings and our sorrows, and that His wounds have healed ours. There is nothing too hard for God. Thankfulness and gratitude goes to Him in the Name of Jesus.

Hope is unfortunately becoming a word that people want but do not embrace. In the New Testament, Hope is the assurance of what we believe will happen. It's our spiritual confidence in God. Our spiritual confidence is not a wish or an emotion. God Himself lives in us through His Holy Spirit.When we become Christians, Jesus pours out His Spirit upon us as God's gift to cleanse us, make us part of the same Body and live inside us . God's presence within us is God's love. God continues to refresh His Love through His Holy Spirit, just as Jesus had promised.

Our reliance and dependence on God turns our hope into rest. We are resting in His arms. He loves us and wants to make us happy.

My conversation with Betty on the airplane gave her peace and assurance that God is God all by Himself. He is the Only One that gives us peace, joy, and rest. He will guide, protect and give us the desires of our heart. We have to seek Him first and then it will be added unto us.

My stress is rest with God as my GPS- God Provides Strength.

Prayer:

Holy and Almighty God, awesome in Power and majestic in Holiness. Thank You for sending Jesus. Thank You for living in us through Your Spirit. Thank You for pouring Your love into our hearts so that the fruit of Your Grace may flow from us to those around us will know of Your grace. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.


Hebrews 4:3 ESV

For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, They shall not enter my rest," although his works were finished from the foundation of the world.












No comments:

Post a Comment